1. What languages do you offer?
We offer courses in Twi, Ga, Fante and Ewe.
2. Are the courses suitable for beginners?
Yes offer courses for students at all levels of their journey.
3. How long does it take to become proficient in a Ghanaian language?
The time required to become proficient in a Ghanaian language varies depending on several factors, such as the learner’s dedication, previous language learning experience, and the intensity of study. Generally, it takes several months to a few years to achieve a high level of proficiency.
4. Are there any age restrictions for enrolling in a language course?
We offer courses for students of all ages.
5. Do you offer online courses?
Yes, we offer online courses, allowing learners to study remotely. Online courses provide flexibility and convenience, especially for those who cannot attend in-person classes. Please see below for more faqs about our online courses.
6. Do you offer in person courses?
Yes, we offer limited in person courses at our head office in South London.
7. What teaching methods are used?
We use a combination of methods, including interactive exercises, dialogues, role-playing, audiovisual materials, and cultural immersion activities. Our teachers use practical communication skills to ensure learners can use the language effectively.
8. Are there proficiency exams or certificates available?
We provide certificates upon completion of our courses.
9. Can I learn multiple Ghanaian languages simultaneously?
Learning multiple Ghanaian languages simultaneously is possible, but it may require additional effort and dedication. It’s important to consider your learning capacity and available study time before undertaking multiple languages at once.1
10. How much is the course?
The 10 week in person adult’s course fee is 299 pounds (or 549 pounds for levels 1 and 2 – when booked together – SAVING 49 POUNDS). Please see the GLS Kids page for further information about GLS Kids courses/ sibling discounts.
11. How long does the course last?
Most of our courses run in the evenings for 2 hours, one evening a week for 10 weeks.
12. Are course materials provided?
All students on the in person course will receive a copy of the GLS course handbook.
13. Where can I get additional learning materials?
You can visit our parent site here to purchase additional learning materials
Online course FAQs
1. What are the computer system requirements needed to access the online course?
G Suite runs in a web browser, you just need to use google chrome, which if you don’t have, can be downloaded here
2. Is the course available internationally?
The majority of our courses run according to Greenwich Mean Time (London, UK). However we do run some courses in other time zones. Please get in touch if courses in your timezone are not currently listed.
3. What happens if I miss a lesson?
Lessons are recorded so that they can be replayed after the lesson. Links will be sent to you at the end of each lesson.
4. How can I get my lesson notes?
All lesson notes are uploaded onto the system and will be made available to you via a secure link.
If you would prefer you can purchase a hardcopy of our student handbook via this link. Please note you can only purchase products from this page if you are a registered student. For other books/ resources please click here.
5. How much is the course?
The 10 week online adult’s course fee is 249 pounds (or 449 pounds for 2 levels – SAVING 49 POUNDS) . Please see the GLS Kids page for further information about GLS Kids courses/ sibling discounts.
6. How long does the online course last?
Most of our courses run in the evenings for 1.5 hours, one evening a week for 10 weeks.
7. Do I need to set up a new email address?
No, you do not need to set up new accounts or plug-ins. Instructions will be sent to you by email prior to the course starting.
8. How do I access the course each week?
We will share a link with you each week by email which will allow you to access the course.
9. Are the sessions private?
Yes. All video and audio streams in Meet are encrypted. They are only available to registered students on your specific course. Students are not permitted to share lessons with anyone.